At times when upgrading your iOS device’s operating system the password for mail accounts are reset and/or emptied.
So if you are able to receive but not able to send emails perform the following:
- Tap ‘Settings‘ on your device
- Scroll down to and tap ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars‘
- Tap on the account you are unable to send from
- Tap ‘Account‘ on the next screen (under IMAP)
- You will now see all IMAP account information, scroll down to ‘Outgoing Mail Server’ and tap ‘SMTP‘
- Check that the dial for ‘Server’ is set to ON
- Underneath you will see the details for ‘Outgoing Mail Server’, tap ‘Password‘ and re-enter the password for your mail account
- Also check the that following information is entered (replacing ‘yourdomain.com’ with your own domain name):
8.1 ‘Host Name‘: mail.yourdomain.com (replacing ‘yourdomain.com’ with your own domain name) or use ‘ssdcp-6-1.servercontrol.com.au’ if you are using SSL and experience issues authenticating with the server (and not being able to send or receive)
8.2 ‘User Name‘: your full email address
8.3 ‘Use SSL‘: should be ON
8.4 ‘Authentication‘: should be set to Password
8.5 ‘Server Port‘: should be set to ‘465’ or ‘587’.
- Remember to tap ‘Done‘ when you are finished to save your changes!